Saturday, January 16, 2016

Bug List

Below is a list of 20 things that bug me
1. I do not like that to stream content, or even watch old content, you have to have a cable provider log in.
I know this is to make sure those that are paying for cable receive cable, but wasn't the point of streaming to eliminate the need for cable?
2. It bugs me that even if you do have cable, you have to go through endless amounts of hoops just to find out your log in information.
I don't know any reason for this. It can be solved as simply as putting the information on a card after you subscribe to the service
3. It bugs me that even if you have cable, and you have a cable log in, you still cannot access all the content you want.
I know this has to do with licensing issues and what channels one would get normally, but if I get NFL Network at home, I should be able to get it on my computer.
4. It bugs me that to print from a new computer or printer, you have to go through the installation process.
I know this is to make sure information gets sent correctly, but why can't the installation process be as easy as plugging in the USB cord? Flashdrives have automatic installation.
5. It bugs me that Lifeproof cases make it hard for people to hear me on the phone,
I know that the overall protection may require some sacrifices in the phone, but I'm sure people would rather not have to repeat themselves on the phone then be able to have their phone in the shower.
6. It bothers me that you have to wait in a cold shower to let it heat up, or wait outside the shower and waste water.
I know all water heaters are different, but there should be a way to set a "preset temperature" and then the water is heated right when the shower is turned on.
7. It bothers me that I don't know exactly how much data I'm using on my phone.
I know that the wireless companies want it that way, but if I knew Twitter used more data than Facebook, I wouldn't tweet anymore.
8. It bugs me that connecting to wifi kills your battery faster than not being connected at all.
I know the phone is always searching and working to keep the connection, but is a dead phone my reward for trying to stay under my data limit?
9. It bugs me that I can't go into Verizon when I have a problem with my iPhone.
I know Apple wants to be exclusive, but there is no Apple store in Gainesville.
10. It bugs me that I have to have so many different skin products for healthy skin.
I know this is the beauty industry and sometimes the chemicals don't mix, but how hard is it to have a body wash that also moisturizes?
11. It bugs me that I have so many knee and joint pains but don't know what brace to get.
I know the packages have labels, but it would be helpful to have a machine or guide tell me the right brace.
12. It bugs me that wifi goes slower when more people are on it.
I know there are bandwidth issues involved, but the US has some of the smallest amount of bandwidth, yet charges almost the highest price,
13. It bothers me that humidity makes my hair wave up.
I know it's the chemistry of my hair, but there should be a straightener or curling iron that fights humidity.
14. It bothers me that cities that aren't near the interstate are harder to get to because the highways are clogged up.
I know the interstate is a national project that tries to connect to major cities, but it is that idea that kills growing cities that weren't considered "major" enough.
15. It bugs me that bacon grease is so difficult to dispose of.
I know that the grease solidifies and can block the drain, but it would be helpful to have a grease disposal, like a garbage disposal.
16. It bugs me that lines get so long at grocery stores at night.
I know that the night shift is understaffed, but it would help to be able to reserve a number before you got to the register so you wouldn't have to wait.
17. It bugs me that many stores have apps but you have to download them beforehand.
I know this is a marketing tool, but it would be easier for the webpage to automatically pop up upon walking in.
18. It bugs me that there is no way of knowing if lines will be long or if there will be a cover charge downtown or at midtown,
I know there can be guesses made based on the day of the week, or social media can be used, but neither gives solid results.
19. It bugs me that cooking instruction times are only estimates.
I know that all appliances are different, but I wish there could be signs on the appliance: "bakes pizza in 20 minutes," etc.
20. It bugs me that iPhone cases don't fit all iPhone accessories, like having a charger fit in a case,
I know there are restrictions on sizes and trademarks and what not, but it would be helpful for the case and/or charger to say "fits this case/charger" on the packaging.



Reflection:
I found this to be slightly difficult. Once I started, it got easier. It was hard coming up with problems that had no solution. Some of my problems have solutions, but I wanted better ones. For some of the problems, it was harder for me to know why the problem existed.





1 comment: