Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 5 World Problems

Most Serious Problems
1. Access to clean water
2. Housing
3. Access to education
4. Access to technology
5. Access to information (news)

Reasoning: The problems I chose seem to have domino effects that can help solve other problems. For example, once a population has access to clean water and housing, they can have a healthy, safe foundation to start earning an education. After the gain their education, they can apply the education to technology and start absorbing information to change the world around them.

Most Implementable Solutions
1. A restaurant chain that offered healthy, cost effective alternatives to fast food.
2. A travel agency that offered student/young adults discounts
3. Drivers education courses that teach students to drive with distractions
4. A news company that presented only the facts from a story
5. Private rehabilitation centers accepting wider varieties of health insurance

Reasoning: All of the solutions required capital and other resources. I chose my order of solutions based on the barriers each solution would face (capital, resources, policies, etc.) I chose my top solution because I felt it was very easy to enter the restaurant industry over creating relationships with airlines, changing curriculum, creating the reputation for a news company, or changing government policy to have rehabilitation centers accepting more health insurance.


3 comments:

  1. I liked your list, and had some similar answers. You put education as #3, however I put it as #1, since I believe education in any form is the key to solving major world issues, but your logic is well reasoned. It's funny you put that picture of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, because I used almost an identical one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I really enjoyed reading your list and I agree with everything on your list. I also think that it is interesting that you put access to news as one of your issues. I 100% agree with that, but when making my list that never crossed my mind. Way to think outside the box! If you would like to check out my blog post click the link! http://dillondunn.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems-dillon-dunn.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah!

    I really appreciate how you explained your Problems List as a domino effect. I do see how you have a sort of "Maslow's hierarchy" thing going on here, and your list outlines perfect steps for reaching a sort of self actualization.

    Your list of solutions were well applicable, so great job on these! Great organization too!
    - Angela

    ReplyDelete