Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch #2

I got a lot of positive feedback from my last pitch, which was unexpected. I don't see myself as confident, and I really didn't know what I was doing so I was waiting for constructive feedback to have a better take 2. One comment did tell me to focus more on HealthKick, like what kind of experience the customers would have, and less on the hook and the problem. I also had feedback asking for how I would cut costs and compete with fast food chains. Personally, I thought those questions were more for follow up from investors, so I didn't include it in my pitch.

I did shorten my hook and blended it in the problem more smoothly. I focused on what experience the customer would have at HealthKick, including the staff being as passionate about health as they were. I think this adds a motivation factor. The same kind of motivation from a gym or sports team, where you are surrounded by people who are as passionate about the activity as you are. I think I was able to be more concise with my pitch, leaving room for follow up questions and peeking interest. 

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah!
    I totally love your idea! I am really picky about what I eat and I find myself a lotto times just sitting at the table while my friends eat their Wendy's or other fast food. But a place like this would be great! I would most definitely use a service like this. The hand gestures you used were good to emphasize the points you wanted to make, but next time try standing up and using more body language to keep your audience engaged. Great job! Here is my blog if you want to check it out!http://opportunistictimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sarah!

    You have set up a great elevator pitch here! Your intro to the business idea is effective, in that it really draws one in to pay attention and listen. I appreciate your emphasis on the value of your friendly staff at HealthKick. I think good service at a restaurant is invaluable and if you were to venture out onto this business idea you would want to definitely stress this factor to your employees and customers. Great presentation, well spoken.

    Keep up the good work!
    - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Nice presentation! You were clear and well spoken, and presented your pitch effectively. The idea of having healthier food options while still maintaining the speed and affordability is something that many people crave. I suppose my only criticisms is to perhaps incorporate some type of example of what kind of food you would be serving that would seem better than fate food chains. Overall great job and take a look at my blog at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXrQr1HRftY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops I meant: http://karinatamayo.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

      Delete
  4. Hey Sarah,
    I love your idea and I could see this becoming a chain restaurant similar to Subway because it will attract their customers and those who still feel like Subway is not healthy enough. I do not eat at fast food restaurants at all (except if you consider Chipotle fast food) so I can definitely say this idea is a need in my lifestyle. For those like myself who do not go to fast food restaurants perhaps using the line “how guilty did you feel?” does not really apply so that is something to consider is that customers who eat unhealthy are not the only ones interested in this idea. One approach to making it apply to everyone is asking them “did you know that there are this many hidden calories, grams of fat/sugar hidden in these foods often advertised as healthy?” here you could also drive home the idea that your restaurant is more honest than that.
    http://saraentrepreneurshipjourney.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sarah, I really enjoyed your post! The way you started out with questions made the elevator speech flow a lot more smoothly than mine and others that I watched. I also thought your idea was one of the best ones I have heard. I think having healthy food choices for a fast food restaurant needs to be implemented no doubt.
    Here's my post: http://danieltownsendsblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete