Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half Way Reflection

1. A skill I have worked on since being in this class is recording myself and talking to people I don't know. I don't like to record myself unless I've "put myself together" and sometimes that's a little difficult to do. I am very uncomfortable walking up to people and talking to them. That is definitely something a student needs to know they will have to do up front.
2. I don't know if we're supposed to talk about giving up in the class or giving up in our day to day lives. I'm not really one to quit, and I'm really not one to quit in my classes. I guess a time in my day to day life would have been my senior year of high school when I was playing volleyball. My coach rarely played me, but she never told me why or told me in advance that I would not be playing. When I asked her what I could do, I tried to work on her advice. I still went to practice and ran every lap the team had earned by mistakes in the game prior. And even though I thought about how I hadn't done anything to have to run the laps or there was no reason why I should be yelled at by my coach, I still kept coming back. I went back and forth with my parents about the emotional stress this was putting on me. But I pushed through it because I had made great friends on the team and I always wanted my coach to remember that I stayed. I want her to remember that I persevered. And I wanted to remember that I fought through it.  
3. Make sure you're ready to step out of your comfort zone. This class will push you to do things you didn't know you were uncomfortable with until you were assigned them . However, the activities will make you think of yourself differently and give you a confidence you didn't know you had. Just believe in yourself and you will do just fine. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I really agree with your first point! I had no idea that I would have to approach people and video tape them and myself when I signed up for this class and I think students should be told that early on or even in the syllabus.
    Here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out!
    http://thereseverything.blogspot.com/2016/02/theres-my-half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete