Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Very Short Interview with an Entrepreneur No. 2

This time around, I had a better idea of what the answers would really mean. I know that sounds weird, but before they were just questions. This time I just have a better understanding of everything that goes on.
These are the questions and answers in my interview:
1. What is your best networking/marketing tactic? How do you get your name out?
Word of mouth. I stage houses for realtors. I make sure that the houses are listing ready. Clients are so impressed with the work that when they are ready to sell their next house, they call me back to stage it again.
2. Do you have a social media presence? Why or why not?
No. It's too time consuming.
3. Did you ever or have you considered an exit strategy? Are there other ventures you would like to pursue.
I haven't thought of an exit strategy. I would want to expand my current business instead of trying something new. I've wanted to open a store front, but that hasn't materialized yet. My ultimate dream would be to have a show on HGTV.

We didn't really talk about my progression. He knows that I don't want to pursue entrepreneurship so we talked mostly about him and his ventures. I'm fine talking about entrepreneurship, and I have a better sense of what it is if I were to go into that field, but I didn't ask him for advice. 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I agree with what you said about social media, it's too time consuming to keep up with for me. I can definitely relate to what you said in the beginning of your post though, it's much easier to understand what to look for in the answers you receive. I would consider an exit strategy though if you are serious about it! Check out my own post at http://kingkion.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    That's good that you got back in touch with your entrepreneur because I thought it was cool reflecting on their answers and then how it applied to my life of my business. I thought it was interesting that he said "word of mouth" was the best marketing strategy, especially in this day in age of technology. Although I think this is interesting, his lack of social media presence could very well be hurting the potential of the business. You might not love its impact on society, but you can't downplay the abilities it has on a business. I wish I asked that question but I asked: How'd you identify your opportunity and turn this into a business initially as well as asking him what he thought of my business. It probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to ask about your business to see if they had any thoughts on your business. It's awesome that you still got a lot out of it, and I also think i have a better sense of what's going on in the world of entrepreneurship.
    You can check out my post here:
    http://jamesdonigan.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete