Sunday, April 3, 2016

My Exit Strategy

My exit strategy would be to sell my business in the next 5-7 years for a large return. I would want to make sure that the business had grown into a worthy competitor of fast food chains before selling. I would sell it to a competitor under the terms that 1. They are trying to expand their menu to include healthier options and 2. That they kept my policies and procedures for providing healthier food. 
I chose this exit strategy because I am not passionate about my venture. I see an unmet need, and I thought of a way to fill it, but I don't want my life's work to be starting a healthy fast food restaurant. 
It definitely affected how I made decisions. I didn't think too much into the future with expansion and new ideas because I knew I would not want to do this forever. I didn't put my all into this idea as far as looking for potential funding or thinking of ways to be extremely competitive. 


3 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    I really appreciate how honest and pragmatic you were in explaining your thinking about the exit strategy. It is best to get out if the passion is not there because sooner or later, it will become an issue. You should keep in mind that future expansion and new ideas are important even if you want to get out because investors will want to see them. Take a look at my exit strategy post at http://taleemreflections.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html. Thanks.

    Farrukh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, great job with your blog post! It seems like you have a great idea for what you want to do with your opportunity in both the next five years as well as the next ten years. Cashing out for a big return can be a great thing to do, especially since it could help you not have ay financial worries. In all, great job and it sounds like you have a great exit strategy! Feel free to check out my blog post for this assignment!
    http://ent3003mt.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I think I can relate to how you feel about your business. I think we are on the same page in terms of not being in love with the venture, yet, because you saw a need and a market for your business, I understand fully the reason to try it out. However, I do think that in order to sell to a investor in the future, you will need a pretty good business to start with and in my opinion, I find it very hard to make a successful business unless your 100% invested in the company.

    Overall, I think its good to see a blog post with a different take on the ventures. I really enjoyed reading your assignment!

    You can check out my blog post at http://flatpeak.blogspot.com/

    Brian D. Kim

    ReplyDelete