Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My Venture's Unfair Advantage


  1. Responsibility-This is a very valuable resource. People like knowing they can trust someone. While it might not be the most rare, there are only a certain number of people that have this. It can not be imitated. You have the attribute or you don't, which makes it impossible to substitute as well.
  2. Loyalty-Again, very valuable, as people like to know someone is on their side. It can be rare, not imitated, and cannot be substituted
  3. Honest-Always valuable, not as rare as the others. Cannot be imitated, and cannot be substituted.
  4. Use of non-organic food-People might see this as a weakness, but it is actually my secret weapon. There are not many differences in organic and non-organic food as far as health,  just price. This is rare knowledge, as many people think organic food is the new frontier. However, it will be what keeps my prices low. I think this is very valuable and rare. It can be imitated, however the only way to substitute it is to spend more.
  5. Work ethic-I am very determined to find the best options possible. This very valuable, can be rare, cannot be imitated or substituted.
  6. Contacts-I know people in the food service industry that can help me with starting a food business. This is very valuable, not really rare, but it cannot be imitated. However it can be substituted. 
  7. Leadership-This is very valuable and rare. In theory it can be imitated, but not substituted
  8. Sociable-I'll always have a smile on my face. This is very valuable, but it is not rare, can be imitated, and can be substituted
  9. Market-I have a huge market for my product. This is extremely valuable, rare, cannot be imitated, and cannot be substituted.
  10. Support-This is hugely valuable, cannot be imitated, is rare, and cannot be substituded
I think my most valuable resource is that I'm not going to use organic food and keep my prices down. Organic is not the definition of healthy and I will show that in my business.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I always like to see healthy foods anywhere, however, I think your concept of a healthy fast food restaurant can be so broad I would say that you need to narrow it to have a competitive advantage. Plus, fast food restaurants - what is the definition of one? McDonald's with drive thru or Panera, where you must go in and wait in line and can carry out your lunch. That would also include Outback or Chilies, where you can drive up and get your meal. So, first I would say you must target a market. With the idea not to use organic ( actually, I have done extensive research in organic foods so I differ on your concept) I would say you would have to really offer a limited menu with limited hours. Just this weekend we went to a small cafe for breakfast - which served cage free eggs and fabulous avocados, however, they are only open until 2:30. Great idea though, so possibly just narrow your market and use all of your resources above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - here is my link. Not sure what happened as I had it copied and pasted........thanks!

    http://lindayahn.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage-week-11-v-valuable.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, I really enjoyed reading your blog. It would have made it easier for the reader to understand the list if you would have give a brief background of your venture. Overall, great job on the the assignment.

    My Blog: http://anaguevarauf.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html

    ReplyDelete