Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 11 Reading Reflection

I was confused by how the author said "don't use someone else's system, but don't be afraid to learn from their system, but know it won't work for you." Of course no one's system for any operation will work across the board, but businesses still take that system and modify it. So I think it would have been better for the author to say that no system works for everyone, but take an existing system and make it work for you.

Two questions I would have for the author would be "Doesn't having a strategy facilitate execution?" and if companies struggle so much with innovation systems, why do we have so many innovating companies?"

I disagree that the author thinks there is a difference between a failure to execute and not having an innovation strategy. I think without a strategy, it is difficult to execute, but I think having a strategy helps facilitate execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment